I have known Robert Donovan for three years now, and he’s a truly inspiring man. Robert has guarded embassies, funded marketing companies, and provided some incredible ideas to improve Greenville, the city in South Carolina where we both live. Today he shares the key lessons he has learned in the military to be successful in business, why he sees emotional intelligence as an area of opportunity, the obstacles he has overcome, and the wisdom that comes from listening to the elderly. This episode will help you see that you can be an odd duck, an outsider, start from absolutely NOTHING and go faster and further than you ever imagined.
“If you have a heartbeat, you are special. You matter. God put you on this planet for a reason. And don’t stop searching until you find out what that reason is for you, not for anybody else.”
– Robert Donovan
In This Episode:
– How the military gave Robert the discipline needed to succeed in business (and life)
– Robert’s experience in advertising and broadcasting
– Setbacks, obstacles, and the lessons contained in them
– What would Robert say to his 20-year-old version?
– Mentoring and giving back to the community
Connect with Robert Donovan:
Connect with Erik Weir: